Sunday, May 19, 2013

The beginning

So, why did I start this lifestyle, you ask?  I found myelf with the same daily challenges: clutter, time constraints, and cost-consciousness.  I wondered what to do with the disposable batteries we had accumulated and vowed to find out the right way to dispose of them.  I ended up at www.earth911.org and found a drop off site.  Between the accumulation of dead batteries and the hassle of disposal, I eventually I decided to go "rechargeable!" 
Continuing on my search to find out how to dispose of old unused and unwanted medications in my home, I decided to systematically unclutter my home and get rid of everything unneccesary.  Frankly, I decided, "I have too much stuff."  And this is where my Back to Basics lifestyle in OC began. 
Gone are my days of excess.  I want to spend less time rearranging the overabundance of things I own.  I don't want an organizer for my plastic bags, I want to eliminate them from my home.  I want to spend more time doing the things that I love to do.  I want healthy habits.  I want to my food to be natural, not packaged, whenever possible.  I want to touch the produce I buy, not the plastic it is packaged in.  I want my family to eat healthy.  I want to do what's good for the earth.  I want to garden.  I want to live a sustainable lifestyle and reduce how much waste I create.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog post and I look forward to reading future ones!

    ReplyDelete