Saturday, June 8, 2013

Why did I start this blog?

I was inspired by Bea Johnson of www.zerowastehome.blogspot.com. Her lifestyle and approach to waste spoke to me as a busy mother. I was inspired by how she was able to find a happy balance to achieve multiple things that I was seeking. For example, a beautiful home without spending a ton of money, time to enjoy the activities she loves, reduced clutter and time spent cleaning. And the BONUS was the environmental benefits.  

To clarify, the environmentalist approach was not the original thing that spoke to me. I wanted simplicity, happiness, beauty and time. Who doesn't want that? And who doesn't like knowing they're doing something good for the world at the same time? 

So as I got energized about trying this lifestyle I started to see the benefits and little ways I could improve my life, the life of my family, and the earth! How did Bea do it?  She demonstrated qualities if a great leader: she inspired through her actions, spoke to my motivations to inspire me to share the "goal."  

Now I hope to inspire others through my actions and demonstratethe idea that if you believe you can make a change to your behavior to improve something, you are more likely to make that change.  The biggest barrier to achieving this lifestyle is not believing that it can be done in our current culture within Orange County.  

I am about to prove that it can and is being done. And you can do it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment